This is the Alchemy designed by Bryan Hebert of CK Aero. The Alchemy is an evolution of the successful Allure design. This model has great pedigree and is the culmination of Bryan's many years of design and trimming experience. Many of you would be aware of Bryan's Triangulation Trimming methods and have probably conferred with him in the past about trimming issues. Now, you have the opportunity to buy one of his designs which takes full advantage of those trimming methodologies. Xtreme Composite manufactures the airframe in Thailand and the finish quality of their models is excellent.
The model is the largest and lightest airplane for its size in its class. This plane is specifically designed with the FAI class in mind and incorporates all the changes and improvements Bryan has discovered during his exhaustive testing of the Allure. It comes with all hardware, control horns, tailwheel assembly (wheel not included), aluminium main axles, servo trays and battery tray. Main wheels are not included. The canopy comes with the quick release latch already fitted.
The scheme pictured is the standard scheme in yellow base.
Some of the changes to the Alchemy are:
- Counterbalance removed from rudder.
- Taller fin and rudder. Now 20" high. This was done for performance and balance. After testing the Allure with many different sized add-ons and modifications, Bryan settled on the right balance of performance and style. Bryan decided to remove the counterbalance on the rudder for production improvements and it also aids the model in stall turns as well.
- More 4" further forward and 1/2" higher canopy. This gives the ability to paint a nice canopy profile and improve frontal and side area where it's needed.
- New style Undercarriage and mounting system. Each UC leg slides into a socket and is retained by one screw. It's lighter and stronger too.
- New thinner wing section and less wing area at the tips. The tip is now 66% of the thickness and the root thickness is also reduced by 3mm compared to the Allure. This helps with battery consumption for electrics in the upper classes, helps with flying in wind, spins, and most of all, speeds up the snap roll. Side benefits are the 1.5 inch reduced span, 1/2 inch reduced tip cord, and improved molded center hinging helps reduce the weight by 100 grams over all.
- New thinner stab section and smaller area. These stabs were introduced on the V2 Allure and Allure Bipe. They are smaller, lighter, thinner, and top hinged. Many improvements come from these stabs and we are very pleased with their performance.
- Option to mount rudder servo down the rear of the model. This is primarily for GP to get the CG right.
- New paint scheme.
Length x Width : 2M x 2M.
Spinner Size: 3 3/8" (85mm).
Clearance: Up to a 23" prop can be used.
Wing Area : 1000 sq. in.
RTF Weight : 4800 - 4900 grams depending on chosen equipment.
We have found a new domestic freight service which offers very competitive shipping rates. Contact us for a shipping quote.